Monday, July 25, 2011

Copy with Your Left Mouse

After looking around online for some time trying to come across a solution that worked for me, I stumbled across the post above about using metacity --replace. So, based on that, I was pretty certain that Compiz was the root of my mouse issues. After playing around with Ubuntu Tweak, one of the menu options, "Enable Metacity's compositing feature", mentioned that I had to manually disable visual effects in appearance.

So, after disabling Visual Effects (System>Preferences>Appearance>Visual Effects then select None), the mouse is suddenly working again. I don't know if this will be a permanent solution or if it will start giving me problems again, but I thought I'd mention this solution.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online